Deadline: 3 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Bangui, Central African Republic.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall implementation of the project and thus will be required to plan, manage, coordinate and monitor the project activities implemented by UNOPS, in Bangui and other locations across the CAR.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Assess, plan and manage the delivery of a comprehensive set of services and activities, in line with the project scope, approach and implementation modalities.
- Assess, and manage the resources allocated to the project activities, in full compliance with UNOPS rules and procedures;
- Prepare and update the work plan, in close cooperation with MINUSCA and implementing partners.
- Advise the Partners on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Assure that services are delivered with quality (according to MINUSCA and UNOPS ‘s standards) and on time
Other tasks as may be requested by UNOPS.
- Lead by example, being visible, involved, and accessible.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations as applicable.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions).
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, HR Management, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant disciplines is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, HR management, Business Administration, Economics or other related disciplines with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in Project Management with at least 3 years Human resources /Administration management is required.
- Experience working in emergency, post-crisis environment and/or with UN missions is a strong asset.
- Familiarity with country context and program/project regions is an asset.
- Proven experience in administrative / financial management is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in HR projects is highly distinct.
- Fluency in French in both written and oral is required.
- Fluency in English in both written and oral is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.