Deadline: 4 March 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Bujumbura, Burundi.
The project manager is responsible to produce/read the project initiation documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project(s) products are capable of meeting the business cases for both UNOPS and the client.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers.
- Authorize Work Packages.
- Advise the Project Board and OC Manager of any deviations from the plan.
- Monitor and evaluate humanitarian and development trends and needs to identify areas of collaboration within UNOPS mandate and existing capacity.
- Provide advice and feedback to UNOPS Hub and HQ on the development of framework partnership agreements that can increase opportunities at the regional level.
- Actively interact with other PMs and the PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline is required.
- First level University Degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- Secondary education in combination with relevant academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in project development and management, with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations is required.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.