Deadline: 9 April 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Juba, South Sudan.
The project manager is responsible to read and develop the project initiation documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project’s products are capable of meeting the business cases for both UNOPS and the client.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Stakeholder Management:
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OC Director and the project(s).
- Delivery and Performance:
- Develop and maintain project plans.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers.
- Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions).
- Ensure that all expenditure comply with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR).
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Knowledge Management:
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice
- Actively interact with other PMs and the PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies.
- Personnel Management:
- Directly Supervise the Project Assistant Ensure that behavioral expectations of team members are established.
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted.
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the OC Director.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Project Management or Engineering or International Relations or Political Science or Security Management or Development Studies, or other relevant discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management or Engineering or International Relations or Political Science or Security Management or Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management is required.
- Experience working with Japanese projects is an added advantage.
- Experience in post-conflict and/or conflict situation is an added advantage.
- Skills in project management (2 years) is required
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.