Deadline: 21 January 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Koror, Palau.
The Project Manager is responsible to produce/read the project initiation documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project(s) products are capable of meeting the business cases for both UNOPS and the client.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Meet the donor reporting requirements as set out in the donor agreement, which may include social media posts and other high quality public/private reporting platforms.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OC Director and the project(s).
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Understand and manage UNOPS overheads, allocable charges, and related corporate charges as they apply to the project.
- Understand the unique structures of the UN and budget appropriately for personnel.
- Manage and remain accountable for expenditures against the budget (based on accurate financial reports).
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies.
- Perform the Team Manager role, unless appointed to another person(s).
- Perform Project Support role, unless appointed to another person or corporate/programme function.
- Ensure safety and security for all personnel and comply with UNDSS standards.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Engineering (physical infrastructure related), Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- Professional qualification in infrastructure and/or project management is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years (or more based on academic credentials) of progressive experience in infrastructure project development and management, with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations.
- Minimum 2 years experience at an international level is required.
- Experience with management of operations in island or remote locations is an asset.
- Experience working with minimal remote and general supervision is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Palauan is preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.