Deadline: 14 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Coordinator in Bamako, Mali. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Country Coordinator will be responsible for day to day activities and implementation of UNOPS Projects in Mali assure the delivery on time and within the budget costs, and according to UNOPS and donors’ quality criteria.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Establish project Boards for new projects and solid working relationship with the Executives, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers, client and key stakeholders for all the projects implemented in Mali.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the Partners on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the Project Boards, OH Head of Program/OH Director and the project.
- Contract management: supervision of UNOPS’s subcontractor for the provision of services.
- Assure that services are delivered with quality (according to clients and UNOPS standards) and on time.
- Detect new opportunities with other donors and inform and coordinate with CIOH Partnerships Unit for new proposals.
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers.
- Authorize Work Packages.
- Advise the Project Board and OH Managers of any deviations from the plan.
- Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved.
- Manage and review product quality and ensure products are accepted.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Project Management, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or other related disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of relevant professional experience in Project/Program Management at international level as Team Leader/Coordinator may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- A relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- Minimum 7 years of experience related to Project/Program Management at international level as Team Leader/Coordinator is required.
- Knowledge of Mali and Sahel region is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Civil works and construction is an asset.
- Past experience with UNOPS UN Peace-Keeping Missions is a strong asset.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Fluency in English will be considered as a strong asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.