Deadline: 25 April 2016
Handicap International (HI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Diyala, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Project Manager will be in charge of: national staff and local partners involved in rehabilitation and PSS activities (8 / 10 people).
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Management of the implementation of physical rehabilitation, post-operative care, psycho-social support and risk education activities in Diyala.
- Supervision and management of the HI operational team under their responsibility.
- Coaching and training of the local HI team and the partner staff, in collaboration with the Technical Unit and the other members of the coordination team.
- Monitoring of the result achievements and indicators, as per the logical framework.
- Remote monitoring of donations to hospitals and rehabilitation centers in hard-to-reach areas, with possibility of one-off supervision visits when access and security are guaranteed.
- Ensuring the respect of quality and technical standards in the implementation of the activities, in collaboration with the Technical Unit.
- Contribution to the definition of the strategy of intervention and the operational modalities in Diyala governorate.
- Coordination with the local implementing partners (PSS implementing partner, risk education implementing partner, hospitals and rehabilitation centers).
- Representation with Directorate of Health authorities in Diyala (in collaboration with the Field Coordinator).
- Participation in local coordination meetings and networking with UN agencies and NGOs (Health working group, etc.).
- Monitoring of the financial and logistics aspects of the activities and the respect of HI procedures, in close collaboration with the administration and logistics departments and the Field Coordinator.
- Management of the operational budget for the activities in Diyala.
- Management of the recruitment and selection process for new positions in the rehabilitation team.
- Preparation and follow-up of the partnership agreements with partners.
Applicants must have-
- Experience in projects with post-operative care, rehabilitative care, psycho-social support and/or other health services or risk education is a strong asset.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts.
- At least 2 years in management of humanitarian projects.
- Experience in Iraq and/or in other Middle Eastern countries is a strong asset.
- Previous experience of work with local partners and/or in remote-control settings is an asset.
- Previous experience with Handicap International is an asset.
- Good understanding of HR, logistics and financial procedures.
- Strong team management skills.
- High level of autonomy and initiative.
- Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish (Sorani) would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Handicap International.