Deadline: 31 October 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager – Labour Demand, Pacific Labour Facility in Brisbane, Australia.
The Project Manager – Labour Demand will provide direct support to the Labour Mobility Demand Lead on the management of staff, procedural and operational activities, quality assurance and KPI outcomes in order to deliver on PLF’s strategic work to increase the awareness and demand for Pacific labour mobility amongst Australian employers.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager – Labour Demand, Pacific Labour Facility will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Act as the focal point for Labour Mobility Industry Coordinators and Consultants, to provide technical support on program policies and procedures and escalate issues to the Demand Lead as necessary, to ensure quality control for the Demand Team outputs
- Provide direct line management for the compliance and finance assessment staff to safeguard the integrity of the program through vetting mechanisms
- Oversee the operations and quality of the Demand team outputs and deliverables; in particular: employer vetting and application processes, employer site visits and recruitment plans
- Provide strategic support and advice to the LMD Lead about all aspects of demand stream management, with a particular focus on operational matters
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with DFAT and other WOG stakeholders, in order to provide the necessary services and advice
- Provide support and oversight to both external and internal staff around the process of becoming an Approved Employer.
- Work closely with employers supporting them to engage with the program in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Review and improve templates and processes for self-assessment, vetting and the Approved Employer application to ensure full compliance with approved processes and policies established by the Australian Government
- Assist LMD Lead and Industry Coordinators to promote the program to potential employers and industry groups, providing general information about labour mobility, processes and procedures on vetting, application and recruitment of Pacific workers.
- Represent the PLF at various industry forums and events and with Pacific Labour Sending Units, as required
- Manage potential program risks to minimise their impacts and solve issues that arise around employer vetting processes, operational activities and KPIs
- Assist with the production and timely submission of all Demand team deliverables, including ongoing reporting and budget management
- Travel locally and internationally as required.
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the LMD Lead.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Significant experience in stakeholder engagement, business development, project management, and customer service in a variety of industries.
- Team management and leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in the English language (written and verbal) including cross-cultural experience.
- Strong understanding of labour mobility in the Pacific and its challenges (or ability to develop understanding).
- Experience working with donors and governments in the Pacific.
- Demonstrated experience in donor reporting with a preference for experience with DFAT guidelines and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in risk management.
- Flexibility to undertake frequent travel, including after hours and weekends.
- Driver’s license and willingness to drive to regional locations.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Palladium.