Deadline: 3 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager Livelihoods in Myitkyina, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager Livelihoods will perform the following functions:
- Project Management:
- Take leadership of the Kachin Livelihoods portfolio including business support, wage employment and employability support, financial inclusion, food security and cash and voucher assistance (CVA) in terms of high quality and timely deliveries, narrative reporting and financial overviews.
- Close cooperation with donors, particularly DANIDA, OFDA, HARP and USAID – FFP, Government counterparts and coordination mechanisms (i.e. Food Security and Cash Working Group and others) on site and in synergy with other DRC interventions in the area.
- Provide line management to national livelihoods staff working particularly on the Livelihoods projects in Kachin.
- People management
- Lead and manage the sector team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development).
- Staff capacity building in economic recovery, livelihoods and Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) and other relevant livelihoods related approaches and general professional development of staff under your management.
- Monitoring, reporting and development
- Develop program monitoring tools and support in monitoring of outcomes and outputs.
- Quality control and site monitoring to ensure that services provided are according standards.
- Support and lead in writing management and donor reports.
- Continuously update project documentation and files.
- Closely work with Area Managers, Grants and SMT unit to develop quality proposals, concept notes and budget.
- Develop and undertake livelihoods and needs assessments to inform program design and strategic direction.
- Conduct frequent rapid needs assessment of the situation in the event of emergency in collaboration with other stakeholders to address related problems.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 – 5 year’s project management experience with humanitarian responses in displacement-related and early recovery contexts, preferably in camps and camp-like situations.
- Minimum 3 year’s implementing economic recovery, livelihoods, food security and cash and voucher assistance (CVA) programming in displacement and early recovery contexts.
- Strong experience in cash and voucher assistance, agriculture-oriented programming, agriculture value chain development and agri-business.
- Experience of being responsible for managing economic recovery, livelihoods, CVA and food security project portfolio across different complex locations.
- Documented skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation and technical writing.
- Experience working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in project and strategy development.
- Experience working in in Myanmar is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.