Deadline: 16 April 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivery of those projects that are to be assigned by the Head of Implementation.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Ensure UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FR&R) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress.
- Monitor project financials and advise the Head of Implementation accordingly.
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment).
- Monitor and record best practices and innovative approaches within UNOPS FR&R; identify and show alternative options according to Activity needs.
- Managing information flows and overseeing change controls, risk registers and issue management; document and feedback lessons learned and best practices.
- Prepare UNOPS standard project documentation i.e. Project Work plans annual and overall, staffing schedule, budget, project organization structure, risk register, lessons learnt register, photographs, monthly reporting etc.
- Maintenance of all project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Management of work packages within the project as and when required.
- Supervise Project Assistant(s) within the Team, to ensure work efficiency and quality at all times.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in or equivalent in Business Administration, International relations, Logistics, Engineering, Management or related field is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management with Masters Degree or 4 years with Bachelor degree is required.
- Previous experience working with United Nations Organizations is an asset.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts and/or with the UNOPS is highly desirable.
- Complete the UN SAFE training or other security certificates for working and living in conflict situations is highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.