Deadline: 7 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Port au Prince, Haiti. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Project Manager will be responsible to produce/read the project documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OC Director and the project.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers.
- Authorize Work Packages.
- Advise the Project Board and OC Manager of any deviations from the plan.
- Identify and manager risks so that maximum benefit to clients and stakeholders is achieved.
- Manager and review product quality and ensure products are accepted.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers.
- Identify and report potential business opportunities for UNOPS to supervisor.
- Identify and report threats to UNOPS internal business case to supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification – Preferred.
- Seven years (or more based on academic credentials) of progressive experience in project development and management, with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations.
- Three years of experience out of the required years in supervision, coordination or management of housing and building construction projects.
- Three years of experience out of the required years of multi-team management.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Intermediate Working knowledge of French language is required.
- Knowledge of the Creole language an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.