Deadline: 1 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer- Cash and Distribution Officer in Bule Hora, Ethiopia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Project Officer – Cash and Distribution Officer will be responsible for the identification, selection and verification of beneficiaries and for processing cash beneficiary lists approved and authorized by the Area Manager, Cash Specialist and Cash and Distribution Team Leader, deals with the cash transfer agents and follow-up on beneficiary receipts for monthly reports.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer – Cash and Distribution Officer will perform the following functions:
- Adhere to standard operating procedures for registration and cash distributions using the selected service provider(s) per the Cash Transfer Programming manuals and Program Management Manual.
- Work with partners to ensure clear communication with affected communities regarding targeting criteria, entitlements, how to access assistance and give feedback.
- Collect beneficiary data and modify as per the DRC selection criteria, add to beneficiary database and profiles; modify or add data to beneficiaries’ profile.
- Prepare and share beneficiary list and registration form and share it with Cash Transfer Agent (CTA).
- Support the CTA in developing timely distribution plans.
- Monitor the cash transfer agents in processing the disbursements.
- Ensure beneficiaries are respected and cared for during distribution activities.
- Prioritize vulnerable cases during distribution and provide needed support; Refer protection cases, when identified, to the protection team.
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use; ensure filing adheres to internal protocols and is regularly maintained.
- Attend cluster meetings when requested.
- Deal with complaints or issues related to Cash/voucher and/or in-kind distribution.
- Participate in various post distribution monitoring surveys.
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing distributions and cash/voucher activities and report on unmet needs and gaps.
- Report on unmet needs and gaps in Cash and in-kind distributions to the Cash and Distribution Team Leader.
- Carry out the daily / weekly / monthly work plan as directed by the Cash Distribution Team Leader.
- Participate in assessments, selection and training to volunteers and distribution workers.
- Manage conflicts when they arise and suggest possible solutions.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in economics, international cooperation, social sciences (bachelor’s as a minimum).
- Experience in emergency program implementation (minimum 2/3 years) focused on cash and/or in-kind distributions (assessments, distributions, monitoring).
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations and with reporting.
- Prior experience in working in complex emergency settings, including internal displacement settings.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with partners and government counterparts.
- Proven experience in staff supervision and remote management.
- Strong experience with assessment tools and systems.
- Good computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must).
- Representation and negotiation skills, demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient.
- Fluency in English, Amharic, Oromo.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.