Deadline: 19 April 2016
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Mandera, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Officer will be responsible for follow up of ICLA activities in Mandera County.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Implementation of the ICLA project in accordance with donor agreements; project objectives and goals; work plans; and NRC principles and methods. In close collaboration with the NRC Kenya ICLA Specialist, prepare and regularly up-date the mapping of services available to IDPs.
- Assist in design of surveys/questionnaires to assess the needs requirement of the target group.
- Assist to design and develop the HLP rights training materials and civil documentation awareness.
- Assist the Project in developing weekly and monthly plans with the team and ensure plans are followed.
- Research on IDPs situation in Mandera and develop a holistic programme to address the root causes of internal displacement in the county.
- Ensure activities are in-line with the NRC and ECHO strategy and NGO best practices.
- Make recommendations on the way project activities can be amended or improved to best meet the set objectives.
- Design, develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems, analyze results and recommend changes to the project/activities in consultation with ICLA Specialist.
- In collaboration with partners, plan an effective and mutually beneficial capacity building project, with the aim of developing and sharing knowledge, skills and attitudes in line with best practices in ICLA.
- Participate in the regular meetings at the field level for common feedback of ICLA activities to ensure information is shared across all actors.
- Regular meetings with representatives of the IDP community to inform and clarify NRC ICLA activities and establish a relation of trust and transparency at the field level.
- Supervise project assistants and identify training needs.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Social Sciences.
- Experience from working with rights-based projects (ICLA) – particularly HLP, LCD, and CDR.
- Experience in humanitarian/recovery contexts.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Ability to understand and work in areas of conflict between communities.
- Demonstrated results relating to position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own skills/profile.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.