Deadline: 28 June 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer (Natural Resources and Agriculture) in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Project Officer (Natural Resources and Agriculture) will provide assistance in handling sovereign loan/technical assistance (TA) operations, portfolio management, sector work, and other general sector activities, covering public sector operations, with focus on environment, natural resources and agriculture.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer (Natural Resources and Agriculture) will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to sector work in the field by assisting in conducting research, updating information on the assigned sector, analyzing financial, institutional or economics uses, and preparing reports analyses and assessments for environment, natural resources and agriculture sector within the context of development aid effectiveness and national sector strategy to be used for programming, project identification, implementation and administration, as well as strategy formulation purposes.
- Provide support to fact-finding and appraisal missions, including but not limited to reviewing technical designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, data and project costing, procurement packaging and related technical issues.
- Liaise with and supports ADB headquarters and field offices, government agencies, other development partners, and other local stakeholders to facilitate policy dialogue and project formulation, processing, administration and monitoring of ADB-financed loans, TAs, and related activities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes, organizational structure and policies relevant to the agriculture sector as well as prepare inputs for sector database portfolio management;
- Identify and implement agribusiness projects, in collaboration with HQ staff.
- Support project administration, with tasks including but not limited to: (i) monitoring progress of assigned projects and preparing project performance reports; (ii) preparing and updating forecasts of contract awards and disbursements; (iii) identifying factors responsible for project shortfalls; and (iv) expediting achievement of activities’ target levels where possible.
- Identify issues and takes actions to address emerging issues through regular interaction with executing agencies (EAs), contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries.
- Support project team leaders in sovereign operations in annual review missions with the government counterparts.
- Provide advice to ministries and other government agencies, regional governments, EAs, and sector entities on ADB guidelines on procurement, recruitment of consultants, preparation of tender documents, etc. to ensure effective project preparation and implementation.
- Assist in preparing project/TA completion reports and support and participate in project review and country portfolio review missions as required.
- Provide support for policy dialogue with national and regional government agencies on policy matters and institutional issues and act as focal on the assigned sector to maintain close relationships with the relevant Government agencies and HQ staff.
- Maintain close cooperation with other development partners and undertakes meetings and consultations with them, especially in areas relating to donor coordination and harmonization of sector work.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
Applicants must have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in agriculture sector or related disciplines, preferably with advanced training.
- Master’s and PhD degree on agriculture sector or related discipline would be considered as an advantage.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise and working experience with an assigned sector (environment, natural resources, and agriculture);
- Detailed knowledge of the various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis / detailed design / project implementation / construction supervision / contract management) is highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English, Russian, as well as Kazakh languages.
- Nationality of Kazakhstan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.