Deadline: 28 May 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Support Assistant – Community Centers in Homs, Syria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Project Support Assistant will be responsible to assist the center’s Supervisor in implementing the community center’s objectives.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the planning, preparation and coordination, development and networking among all the units and administration.
- Represent the center’s supervisor in his/her absence (in agreement with the supervisor).
- Coordinate and oversee the events, activities, courses and support the working staff when assigning this task from the center’s supervisor.
- Coordinate and organize the regular meetings between the different units.
- Supervise the identified needs for future events when approved by the center’s supervisor.
- Help in setting priorities and schedules appropriately for activities.
- Monitor the activities’ attendance.
- Provide reports and minutes of meetings.
- Call and communicate with the beneficiaries, who are on the waiting list for confirmation.
- Assist in receiving the center’s phone calls and ensure the correctness in giving answers.
- Any other task is required by DRC according to the nature of the work.
Applicants must have:
- University degree (Economic, Business Administration, literature) or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in administrative filed.
- Average command of the English language.
- Good at computer programs (Word, Excel, Internet).
- Desire to voluntary work, teamwork and skilled in communicating.
- Administrative skills.
- Flexibility, creativity, tolerance and maturity.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.