Deadline: 5 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Support Officer in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The Project Support Officer will be responsible for the development of new training materials, to ensure that trainings are updated to best address the needs of DFID and their programmes and partners, as well as maintaining training records.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Support Officer will perform following functions:
- The implementation of the project
- Maintain project records, including internal and external project reports.
- Inform the Fund Manager of any deviation from the plan.
- Identify and manage risks in collaboration with Fund Manager.
- Financial and Procurement Management
- Maintain and categorize all project financial documents for audit and review purposes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into the UNOPS integrated management software package.
- Track project expenses and budget as well as all administrative procedures according to the work plan.
- Process direct payments and advance payment requests, and prepare project budget revisions.
- Develop financial reports by adopting financial controls and reporting templates in accordance with UNOPS requirements.
- Support the Fund Manager by tracking budgets and cash flow, and reporting on spending obligations to ensure timeliness.
- Analyze the financial reports of the 3 implementing partners, their statement of expenditure and initiate disbursements.
- Propose budget revisions and take corrective action.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Actively participate in the preparation of reports and project documents by attending le.la Fund Manager.
- Maintain and classify project documents and other supporting documents.
- Coordination and management of stakeholders and communications
- Assist the Fund Manager in the coordination and management of communications
- Maintain strong relationships with international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) implementing partners, and with the FONARED secretariat to facilitate the implementation of activities and improve the quality and relevance of data and analyzes
- As needed, participate in meetings with NGOs and other stakeholders
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Public Management, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, International Relations or other relevant discipline is required.
- Master’s degree in Public Management, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, International Relations or other relevant discipline is an asset.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in project management focused on monitoring, financial and budget management, reporting and coordination required.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures on procurement, finance, human resources management and rules and regulations would be an asset.
- Experience in fund management or financial contribution would be an asset.
- Perfect command of French is required.
- Knowledge of English is desirable.
- Nationality of Democratic Republic of the Congo.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.