Deadline: 5 June 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Support Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Project Support Officer is responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the day-to-day operations of the mission and coordinating mission progress and implementation.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Support Officer will perform the following functions:
- Project implementation
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FR&R) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress.
- Monitor project financials and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment).
- Managing information flows and overseeing change controls, risk registers and issue management; document and feedback lessons learned and best practices.
- Financial and procurement Management
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Produce financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per UNOPS requirements.
- Support the Project Manager by monitoring budgets, cash flow and reporting on expense obligations to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager.
- Coordination and Liaison
- Contract management of all contracts (Procurement, HR, Service Contracts etc) under the Project.
- Proactively coordinate/liaise with support units on all administrative matters related to contract management.
- Liaise with the Programme Management Office (PMO) Team Members to complete project assurance related tasks.
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per defined reporting format.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
- Contribute to expertise in tools and techniques.
- Operational and Logistic Support
- In consultation with the relevant stakeholders, assist in preparing amendments of Agreements and Budget revisions when applicable.
- Review input of financial information, expenditures etc in ATLAS.
- Ensure conformity of project disbursement requests with procedures, work plans, and availability of resources for expenditure.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Logistics, Emergency Management, International Relations) is required.
- Master’s degree will be an asset.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience, specifically in the field of Project Management and/or Operations Management is required.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms, donors, security, and/or operations management is an asset.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Fluency in one or more additional official UNOPS languages is an advantage.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.