Deadline: 31 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Support Officer in Vientiane, Laos.
The Project Support Officer will be responsible for the coordination with partners and reporting and will support the Country Coordinator for the overall successful delivery of the projects.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Support Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support Project Implementation:
- Assist Project Manager in monitor project financials and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
- Track expenditure and contribute tto budget revision.
- Contribute to prepare risk registers and issue management; document and feedback learned and best practices.
- Provide Financial and Procurement Support:
- Assist Project Manager to maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Contribute to ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Assist in Processing direct payments and advance requests and contribute to project budget revisions.
- Assist in Project Monitoring and Reporting:
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Manage the compilation, consolidation and analysis of relevant data of the mission.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project completion reports and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Knowledge Management and Innovation:
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per defined reporting format.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
- Contribute to expertise in tools and techniques.
- Provide Operational and Logistic Support:
- Support development and maintenance of one UNOPS based management information systems to ensure real time tracking and asset management under the project activities.
- Liaise with the Finance Unit to process and monitor all payment requests within the Project.
- Maintain records of project and Activity reports in hard and soft copy.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Finance, Logistics, International Relations, or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, Finance, Logistics, International Relations, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- Relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education.
- Prince 2 Foundation Certification will be considered an asset.
- 2 years relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management and Operations Management with focus on Monitoring, Fiduciary management, Reporting, Development and Coordination.
- 2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s will be considered in lieu of the master degree.
- Technical/Professional Diploma Certification with 6 years of relevant experience may also be considered.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN /UNOPS rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR
- Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of Lao language is advantage.
- Fluency in Russian is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.