Deadline: 2 February 2020
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Manager, West and Central Africa in Accra, Ghana.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Manager will perform the following:
- Lead in the management of the regional team and ensure that the deliverables are of high quality and delivered on time.
- Manage the implementation of the programme’s regional / country strategy, workplan and budget to achieve the regional targets, in collaboration with other programme staff.
- Support the Regional Director in building regional relationships across a wide range of stakeholders including civil society organisation, public and private sector.
- With the Regional Director, act as the programme’s primary representative in West/Central Africa.
- Participate in relevant regional events and conferences; raising the profile of the programme in the region.
- Facilitate the identification of new forest partnerships that align with the regional strategy and results framework including problem-solving challenges related to the design and development of Forest Partnerships and Enabling Conditions project.
- Work with partners and regional / country teams to identify and facilitate key opportunities relevant to the programme, including potential private public partnerships.
- Ensure that the WCA team collaborate effectively and contribute to Monitoring and Evaluation, Learning and Collaboration and leaderships function.
- Regularly communicate and align strategies with the programme’s central leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular feedback to the Regional Director and central team, especially to the Team Leader.
- Provide monthly and regular pipeline and strategy updates to the DFID-SRO.
- Participate in project reviews and approvals on the Project Review Committee and oversee project preparation for the Risk Committees.
- Oversee the preparation and quality of projects for approval at the Senior Leadership Team.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- 10+ year’s of previous experience in similar work, funded by DFID or other large donor agencies, including 5+ year’s in a management role.
- Relevant experience in sustainability in markets and supply chains for agricultural or forest commodities associated with deforestation, such as palm oil, soya, timber products etc..
- Proven track record in leading programmes involving high-level local and regional stakeholder engagements and PPPs (prior experience of working with big international development agencies, for example DFID, USAID or World Bank, considered a plus).
- Experience in working with a broad range of stakeholders, facilitating and mainstreaming complex processes amongst civil society, private sector and governments.
- Solid experience in mobilizing international resources, managing technical and administrative teams in West and Central Africa.
- Demonstrated experience in outreach, networking and partnership building across a range of stakeholders, particularly in regard to the development of new innovative initiatives involving the private sector.
- Solid experience in managing budgets and delivering high quality results against tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong personal qualities, including integrity, results oriented, commitment to excellence, equality, openness, inclusiveness, collegiality and solving problems even in very difficult situations.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Palladium.