Deadline: 21 September 2016
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Project Management Advisor in San Jose, Costa Rica. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The RPMA will provide support to Country Offices to increase project management capacity through: learning, recommendation, advice and assistance.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Keys Jobs Responsibilities
The RPMA will perform the following functions-
- Develop and maintain project plans, including the establishment of milestones, to embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle, manage products required, advice for any deviations from the project plan, and identify potential business.
- Review all proposals submitted by Developers to the Engagement Acceptance process, providing expert comments on any related weakness, reputational or implementation risk found in the proposals or documents annexed.
- Follow the Project Management Life Cycle Instructions as established by UNOPS PM Methodology, and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions).
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice, sharing case studies, lessons learned and best practices on the Knowledge System and provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies and lessons learned from projects.
- Understand and respect UNOPS sustainability principles, understand and Respect National ownership and capacity and accountability for results and the use of resources.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree with a combination of 9 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 7 years (or more based on academic credentials) of progressive experience in project development and management, with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese is considered a valuable asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.