Deadline: 19 December 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Roving Protection Officer in Borno, Nigeria.
The Protection Roving Officer will be responsible for the supervision of the Protection activities and team on his/her axis of responsibility. The PRO is also responsible for drafting Protection Monitoring and activity reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc) based on key findings and achievements.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Roving Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure timely and qualitative implementation of the Protection activities at the field level, in line with DRC and international standards, and donor agreements.
- Protection monitoring, Referrals, IPA (Case management), Capacity building, Community Protection intervention, and advocacy efforts.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop teams of Protection assistants in field locations, as well as teams of Protection volunteers (including workplan, capacity building, and technical support).
- Draft Protection Monitoring, activity reports, and evidence-based advocacy note on a weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis.
- Represent DRC at local coordination meetings, establish and maintain a good working relationship with key stakeholders in areas of responsibilities (I/N/NGO, local authorities, camp officials, etc.).
- Establish good working relationships and a high level of communication with the Protection Manager.
- In collaboration with the PIM Officer, report, manage and analyze protection monitoring and protection activity data and key achievement.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the Line Manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- BA./BSc. in relevant field.
- 3 years work experience in a humanitarian organization.
- 2 years hands-on experience in the Protection sector.
- Experience with remote management will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing), proven capacity to maintain communication from remote locations.
High reporting skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently, attention to details, and highly proactive.
- Previous experience with DRC Protection Programming, demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- Fluency in other languages spoken in Borno will be a plus.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.