Deadline: 19 December 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Roving Protection Officer in Borno, Nigeria.
The Protection Roving Officer will be responsible for the supervision of the Protection activities and team on his/her axis of responsibility. The PRO is also responsible for drafting Protection Monitoring and activity reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc) based on key findings and achievements.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Roving Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure timely and qualitative implementation of the Protection activities at the field level, in line with DRC and international standards, and donor agreements.
- Protection monitoring, Referrals, IPA (Case management), Capacity building, Community Protection intervention, and advocacy efforts.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop teams of Protection assistants in field locations, as well as teams of Protection volunteers (including workplan, capacity building, and technical support).
- Draft Protection Monitoring, activity reports, and evidence-based advocacy note on a weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis.
- Represent DRC at local coordination meetings, establish and maintain a good working relationship with key stakeholders in areas of responsibilities (I/N/NGO, local authorities, camp officials, etc.).
- Establish good working relationships and a high level of communication with the Protection Manager.
- In collaboration with the PIM Officer, report, manage and analyze protection monitoring and protection activity data and key achievement.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the Line Manager.
Applicants must have:
- BA./BSc. in relevant field.
- 3 years work experience in a humanitarian organization.
- 2 years hands-on experience in the Protection sector.
- Experience with remote management will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing), proven capacity to maintain communication from remote locations.
High reporting skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently, attention to details, and highly proactive.
- Previous experience with DRC Protection Programming, demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- Fluency in other languages spoken in Borno will be a plus.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.