Deadline: 26 November 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of RSD (Resilience and Sustainable Development) Programme Associate in Honiara, Solomon Islands. The duration for this post is 1 year.
Under the direct supervision of the Resilience and Sustainable Development (RSD) Team Leader, the Programme Associate ensures effective delivery of RSD programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The RSD Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support to formulation of programme strategies and the Sub-regional programme document and implementation plan.
- Support to management of the UNDP Solomon Islands programme.
- Administrative support to the RSD Programme unit.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Support to resource mobilization.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University Degree in Management, Public and Administration, Environmental Science and related fields.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible administrative or environment related programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and language of the duty station
- Nationality of Solomon Islands.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.