Deadline: 3 October 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Program Assistant in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Program Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Executive Assistant
- The Senior Program Assistant will be the Executive Assistant to the group’s Director.
- Help in the management of the calendar, correspondence, travel and phone lines, as well as other administrative tasks.
- Assist in the organization of conferences, seminars and other events.
- Administrative support
- The Senior Program Assistant will support administrative processes related to consultant contracts, purchase orders, subscriptions, and HR-related systems.
- Expected to be, or quickly become, familiar with standard Bank Group applications, including AdminPortal, Trip Management, and HR-related systems.
- Publishing support
- In addition, the Senior Program Assistant will occasionally participate in publication-related activities.
- These include typesetting, formatting and organizing reports, newsletters and publications as well as assistance with posting materials on the group’s websites.
- Expected to master MS Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and, more broadly, the MS Office package.
- Identify and carry out administrative procedures, including related to Executive Board and Senior Management interactions in the context of the publications.
- Expected to have demonstrated a strong ability to organize data and work with information retrieval systems.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in Microsoft Office packages, World Bank applications, and web software.
- Experience with MS Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, and InDesign strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software products and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, including under often unpredictable and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.