Deadline: 3 October 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Program Assistant in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Program Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Executive Assistant
- The Senior Program Assistant will be the Executive Assistant to the group’s Director.
- Help in the management of the calendar, correspondence, travel and phone lines, as well as other administrative tasks.
- Assist in the organization of conferences, seminars and other events.
- Administrative support
- The Senior Program Assistant will support administrative processes related to consultant contracts, purchase orders, subscriptions, and HR-related systems.
- Expected to be, or quickly become, familiar with standard Bank Group applications, including AdminPortal, Trip Management, and HR-related systems.
- Publishing support
- In addition, the Senior Program Assistant will occasionally participate in publication-related activities.
- These include typesetting, formatting and organizing reports, newsletters and publications as well as assistance with posting materials on the group’s websites.
- Expected to master MS Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and, more broadly, the MS Office package.
- Identify and carry out administrative procedures, including related to Executive Board and Senior Management interactions in the context of the publications.
- Expected to have demonstrated a strong ability to organize data and work with information retrieval systems.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in Microsoft Office packages, World Bank applications, and web software.
- Experience with MS Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, and InDesign strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software products and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, including under often unpredictable and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.