Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Program Manager in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Senior Program Manager will serve as trusted advisor to the Vice President, Political Affairs and the Political Affairs management team.
EDF’s mission is to preserve the natural systems on which all life depends.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Program Manager will perform the following functions-
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Political Affairs program and the Development department, ensuring alignment on donor engagement strategies, proposal plans and other strategic donor communications.
- Present complex information clearly and compellingly in written reports, talking points and correspondence for external audiences.
- As a member of the program’s operations team, coordinate and facilitate grant proposal and report development/review as well as donor and Trustee engagement.
- Participate in management team calls and meetings with an eye towards identifying and coordinating follow up and action items.
- Anticipate, manage preparation for, and when appropriate, facilitate meetings and events on behalf of the Vice President and project Directors.
- Contribute to projects’ success by facilitating strong communication and sharing of information across the program and with other programs and departments as appropriate.
- Play an integral role in activities related to fundraising, evaluating and recommending new project ideas; disseminating and communicating project results; planning program-level meetings and special events; and being a team player in the day-to-day management of a vibrant and entrepreneurial program.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree and at least six years of related experience, or advanced degree (business, management or other relevant field preferred) with at least four years’ related experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with senior-level executives and external stakeholders.
- Experience in project management and exceptional personal organization and attention to detail.
- Expertise in managing multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of small teams in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Proven skills at building relationships to engender trust and influence cross-functionally in order to drive execution toward common goals.
- Sound, independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- A broad understanding of environmental issues and demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders in large-scale, multi-initiative studies.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit EDF.