The Johns Hopkins University (Jhpiego) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Program Officer in Baltimore, United States.
The Senior Program Officer will support Liberia and Haiti country programs including HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, maternal and neonatal health and malaria.
Jhpiego is dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Program Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead program reviews with program teams (including technical, program, M&E and finance) to ensure necessary program planning, development and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Support country teams to develop work plans, prepare quality reports, and review process and outcome indicators.
- Ensure strong communication with prime and sub partners.
- Ensure that programs are meeting their deliverable on time.
- Work collaboratively with HQ staff to ensure that resources for effective and timely program implementation are available.
- Work collaboratively with finance staff to prepare and track the progress of program’s activity budgets.
- Ensure that technical assistance needed to execute project work plans, which may include external consultants is available.
- Ensure compliance with Jhpiego, JHU, and donor operational policies and regulations.
- Promote opportunities for new business and sources of funding in Liberia and Haiti.
- Represent Jhpiego in meeting with senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in public health or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience managing international health programs.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong understanding of technical approaches for integrated approaches to maternal and newborn health and infection prevention control.
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies compliance regulations.
- Experience developing work plans for large complex projects with multiple partners.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and/or review project budgets and monitor project financial expenditures.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time to developing countries.
- Fluency French language skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Jhpiego.