Deadline: 15 May 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Program Officer in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Senior Program Officer will lead the development, planning, and monitoring of World Vision (WV) grant program in Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI).
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Program Officer will perform the following functions-
- Prepare grant proposals, budgets, reports and other design documents for World Vision’s partnership and major public and private donors, as well as supervise Program Officers in proposal development.
- Ensure WV’s Proposal Development Process is followed for each proposal development process, including communication of the process with all key stakeholders (sector specialists, partners, support offices, etc.), including negotiating the acquisition of match funding where available.
- Support donor engagement towards unsolicited funding, including donor meetings, preparation of Concept Notes and other donor engagement activities.
- Provide timely grant and program-related updates to Senior Management, key WV support offices and the regional office (Regional Coordinator, HEA) with regard to grants and PNS as well as strategic funding opportunities for the response.
- Support completion and communication of donor mapping, GAM planning, donor engagement, RASCIs, process maps and other tools to support resource acquisition at World Vision KRI under the direction of the Program Manager.
- Provide ad-hoc advice to resolve issues relating to the implementation and management of grants.
- Ensure that program implementation is in line with the principles of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, SPHERE standards and relevant WV.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- At least 24 months experience in programming for large scale humanitarian emergencies.
- At least 12 months of people management in humanitarian emergencies
- Understanding of project design and proposal writing and PCM cycle.
- Proven track record for multi-sector programming experience.
- Proven understanding of the workings of major donor budget requirements, strategies and regulations, such as USAID/OFDA, UN, DFID, ECHO, EU, GAC, etc.
- Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards, as well as the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- High degree of negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Experience coordination with INGO.s and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to describe key aspects and issues of relief, development and advocacy.
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.