Deadline: 6 September 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Managua, Nicaragua. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Senior Programme Associate will provide effective coordination and specialized support to the Policy and Programme Unit, particularly to CSP Activity 1 to effectively meet food assistance and technical support needs.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within Activity 1, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide efficient coordination and specialized project management support to a range of specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that Activity 1 is performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Lead and ensure accurate timely recording of data, in coordination with M&E team, within the specific technical area of work (School meal and social protection) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal (WFP functional units, WFP Regional bureau and Head Quarter) and external counterparts, (Ministry of Education, Ministry of Family, UN Agencies, and others), on a range of complex matters to enable effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of Activity 1.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within School meal and social protection.
- Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
- Manage a team of support staff, providing advice, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Post-secondary certificate in the related areas is desired: Social Work, Sociology, Social Science, Education International Affairs, Nutrition, or related fields.
- Post graduate degree and /or training in social protection, social safety nets, food security & nutrition, and project design and evaluation is also desirable.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in programme implementation related to social protection, social safety nets, food security & nutrition.
- Experience in programme design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in coordination and negotiation with Government counterparts.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Spanish.
- Written test and interview will be conducted in English.
- Nationality of Nicaragua.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at WFP.