Deadline: 25 April 2016
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Officer in Tindouf, Algeria.
The Senior Programme Officer will expect to supervise normally one or two professional staff and normally supervises some support staff.
UNHCR’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Through a consultative process and field visits, contribute to the development of strategies, methodologies, contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for the country.
- Ensure that global strategic priorities (GSP) and regional priorities as well as information on projected resource availability guide the planning parameters.
- Develop the country operations plan for overall compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions.
- Advise the Representative on the gaps and problems in order to decide on resource allocation for operations.
- Manage a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of UNHCR’s policies/ practices related to and where applicable to UN cooperation , integrated missions, “Delivering as One” initiative, Common Humanitarian Action Plans, UNDAF, etc.
- Manage a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of the organization’s criteria and policies for the selection of implementing and operational partners.
- Initiate and/or manage the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities.
- Guide and train UNHCR as well as implementing partners (IP) staff in UNHCR standard procedures related to the Results Based Programme management.
- Ensure that technical support is provided to achieve UNHCR’s strategic priorities.
- Ensure proper collection, use and monitoring of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze UNHCR’s performance, trends and target interventions.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Social Science, Economics, International Relations or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of previous job experience relevant to the function (12 years in case of University degree).
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNHCR.