Deadline: 13 December 2018
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Assistant in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Project Assistant provides necessary support in coordinating and consolidating necessary analytical, statistical and administrative requirements for TJRM administered projects in various sectors.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Follow up with Executing Agencies (EAs) the submission of project progress reports, contract related documents, etc.
- Maintain computer-based information system for project administration matters.
- Assist in the administration of delegated projects, including initial review of bid documents and evaluations and drafting of correspondence.
- Maintain related document records and files.
- Assist in processing disbursements for delegated projects by following up with EAs on timely submission of withdrawal applications and assisting in the initial review of withdrawal applications for compliance with loan agreement, and assisting in preparing/reviewing data input for Procurement.
- Contract Summary Sheet to update the Loan and Financial Information System.
- Assist in updating Project Performance Reports for assigned projects.
- Assist in portfolio management, including undertaking analyses of project performances around implementation, administration and achievements of development outcomes, drafting of correspondences and preparation of background papers for Country Portfolio Review Missions.
- Assist in preparing annual project administration plans, including mission plans, identification of issues to be addressed, and quarterly projections of contract awards and disbursement.
- Ensure that project related logistical requirements are attended to including facilitation of project related missions from HQ, meeting arrangement, transportation arrangements etc.
- Maintain liaison with government agencies to facilitate and follow up on requests for missions from HQ.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration and accounting or relevant fields.
- University degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in an international development organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in ADB.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Nationality of Tajikistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.