Deadline: 9 January 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Manager in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing the delivery of the project activities assigned under the SCS Project to UNOPS, in consultation with UNEP as Implementing Agency, including coordinating project execution with the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC).
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Planning, Project & Financial Management:
- Project and financial planning and management as per the terms of the project agreement, including coordinating monitoring of the project’s co-financing.
- Ensure that the project is managed and implemented as per UNOPS’s project management standards and requirements, and using its relevant systems and templates, including inter alia creation of a detailed project work plan, regular monitoring of progress, and reporting of achievements and challenges.
- Financial oversight of budget allocations and expenditures, and preparation of regular financial reports for the funds held by UNOPS, in line with the terms of the project agreement with UN Environment, and facilitation of monitoring and reporting of funds held and managed by SEAFDEC.
- Regional Co-operation & Collaboration:
- Act as Secretary to the ministerial-level SAP Implementation Committee, including convening of meetings; preparation and distribution of the relevant background documents in advance; and dissemination of official meeting reports.
- Liaise on a regular basis with Ministers and designated senior Officials, National Focal Points and other relevant bodies and stakeholders in the six participating countries regarding project execution and progress.
- Develop and support the network of participating individuals and institutions involved in SAP implementation activities at all levels.
- Management of the SAP Implementation Unit:
- Lead the selection and onboarding of the project personnel to be engaged by UNOPS to constitute the Implementation Unit (SAP-IU), in coordination with UNEP.
- Supervision and guidance of personnel appointed to the SAP-IU by UNOPS in the execution of their duties, as per UNOPS’s HR requirements.
- Manage learning, development and performance of project personnel assigned by UNOPS.
- Monitor and evaluate of the performance of personnel assigned to the SAP-IU by UNOPS in line with UNOPS HR requirements, and in coordination with UNEP on technical and substantive elements.
- Liaison with Project Stakeholders:
- Liaise regularly with project partners, including UNEP as the implementing agency and SEAFDEC as co-executing agency, to ensure the effective implementation of the project, in line with the project agreement between UNOPS and UNEP, and as per UNOPS project management standards.
- Liaise with project partners for soliciting inputs in the preparation of project monitoring documents such annual workplan, progress reports, reports on risks and challenges in line with UNOPS, UNEP and GEF requirements.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in marine biology, ecology, costal habitats and marine fisheries, resource management or relevant field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 2 (depending on the contract) additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive working experience in an international and project setting is required.
- At least 5 years of this experience must involve managing and/or formulating projects, including elements such as financial/budget management, monitoring and evaluation, and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated competence in the management of environment and water related projects is strongly desirable.
- Demonstrated competence in the management of large multi-country and multi-disciplinary projects, such as GEF-funded projects, is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in regional and intergovernmental negotiations, networking, and the management of project activities in the Southeast Asian region is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in Southeast Asia, and familiarity with its geopolitical, cultural, social and economic setting, including international treaties and environmental agreements, highly preferred.
- Expertise in managing multiple and high-level stakeholders and government partners, including production and dissemination of public awareness materials would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the United Nations system and/or Global Environment Facility, including their administrative processes, is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Working knowledge of other United Nations languages and/or regional languages is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.