Deadline: 26 March 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Officer (Urban Infrastructure) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Project Officer (Urban Infrastructure) will assist the Resident Mission (RM) in handling loan/Technical Assistance (TA) processing and administration, portfolio management, sector work, and other general sector activities, covering public and private sector operations, with focus on urban sector.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Project Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide support to fact-finding and appraisal missions, including but not limited to review of technical designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, data and project costing, procurement packaging and related technical issues.
- Liaise with and supports HQ and field offices of ADB, Government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate formulation, processing, administration and monitoring of ADB-financed loan and TA projects.
- Monitor the progress of assigned projects and prepares project performance reports.
- Prepare and update forecasts of contract awards & disbursements, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls and expediting achievement of target levels where possible.
- Identify issues and takes actions to address them through interactions with executing agencies (EAs), contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries; prepares measures to address the issues and implementing the measures.
- Prepare internal procurement papers, review of procurement documents including draft technical designs and cost estimates, and papers for extension of loan closing dates, reallocation of loan proceeds, changes in scope and implementation arrangements, and other project administration tasks.
- Assist EAs in the areas listed above for project administered by various sector divisions in the HQ.
- Assist in the preparation of Project Completion Reports and TA completion Reports as assigned and supports or participates in Project Review or Country Portfolio Review missions as a mission member when required
- Provide support for policy dialogues with government on policy matters and institutional issues.
- Contribute to urban sector work in the field by assisting in conducting research, updating information on the assigned sector, analyzing financial, institutional or economics uses, and preparing reports on the subjects.
- Assist in the preparation of urban sector assessments within the context of development aid effectiveness and national sector strategy to be utilized for programming purposes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes, organizational structure and policies relevant to the assigned sectors.
- Help to organize, contributes to, supports, and participates in meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops. Organizes and conducts training workshops for EAs in areas relating to procurement and project administration/management.
- Produce reports, as required, on the tasks undertaken in relation to the above and performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, urban planning or related infrastructure and management fields; relevant fields.
- Master’s degree would be an advantage, along with experience in urban project planning, design and associated procurement and contract management.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in project management and implementation
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis / detailed design / project implementation / construction supervision / contract management) is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes. PASS qualification is desirable.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.