Deadline: 29 October 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Officer (Urban Infrastructure) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Project Officer (Urban Infrastructure) will assist the Resident Mission (RM) in handling loan/Technical Assistance (TA) processing and administration, portfolio management, sector work, and other general sector activities, covering public and private sector operations, with focus on urban sector.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide support to fact-finding and appraisal missions, including but not limited to review of technical designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, data and project costing, procurement packaging and related technical issues.
- Monitor the progress of assigned projects and prepares project performance reports.
- Prepare and update forecasts of contract awards & disbursements, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls and expediting achievement of target levels where possible.
- Prepare internal procurement papers, review of procurement documents including draft technical designs and cost estimates, and papers for extension of loan closing dates, reallocation of loan proceeds, changes in scope and implementation arrangements, and other project administration tasks.
- Provide advice to government ministries, executing agencies (EAs) and sector entities on ADB guidelines on procurement, recruitment of consultants, preparation of tender documents, etc.
- Assist EAs in the areas listed above for project administered by various sector divisions in the HQ.
- Assist in the preparation of Project Completion Reports and TA completion Reports as assigned and supports or participates in Project Review or Country Portfolio Review missions as a mission member when required.
- Provide support for policy dialogues with government on policy matters and institutional issues.
- Contribute to urban sector work in the field by assisting in conducting research, updating information on the assigned sector, analyzing financial, institutional or economics uses, and preparing reports on the subjects.
- Assist in the preparation of urban sector assessments within the context of development aid effectiveness and national sector strategy to be utilized for programming purposes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes, organizational structure and policies relevant to the assigned sectors.
- Prepare inputs for urban sector database for portfolio management.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, urban planning or related infrastructure and management fields; relevant fields.
- Master’s degree would be an advantage, along with experience in urban project planning, design and associated procurement and contract management.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in project management and implementation.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.