Deadline: 6 July 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Officer in Baghdad, Iraq.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Stakeholder Management:
- Establish solid working relationship within the Institutional Capacity Enhancement Team, the Directorate of Mine Action (DMA), Iraq Kurdish Mine Action Authority (IKMAA) and the Ministry of Health and Environment (MoHE) as well as other key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Delivery and Performance:
- Develop and maintain work plan and reporting mechanism in close cooperation with the CE TL and Senior Gender Advisor.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by UNMAS Iraq Programme.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into activity life cycle.
- Manage capacity enhancement engagements, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Liaise with contractors, grantees and UNMAS Iraq Management team, including UNMAS Iraq compliance officer.
- Work closely with the CE TL and Budget Owner to authorize Work Packages.
- Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is complied with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions).
- Prepare/adapt the following plans for approval by the Project Board: I. Project Initiation Documentation; II. Stage/Exception Plans and relevant Product Descriptions.
- Prepare periodic substantive and financial reports for implementing partners against donor contributions, projects and activities.
- Liaise with the Programme and Support Services Departments for the production of such reports.
- Contribute to additional Capacity Enhancement reporting obligations, documentation of good practices, and related submissions.
- Knowledge Management:
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice.
- Actively interact with Team leads, Senior Gender Advisor, and the PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in project management, business administration, international relations, political science, development studies, or relevant field with 7 years of relevant experience.
- First-level University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in project management, business administration, international relations, political science, development studies, or relevant field with 9 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in project management or project development and implementation.
- Minimum 3 years experience in conflict or post-conflict environments with international organizations or government entities is required.
- Experience in gender mainstreaming is desired.
- Experience working with government counterparts and civil society, specifically on the gender and diversity dimension is desired
- Fluency in English (speak, read, and write) is required.
- Fluency in Arabic (speak, read, and write) is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.