Deadline: 3 September 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Officer (Urban) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 3 Years.
The Senior Project Officer (Urban) will provide in-depth technical expertise, operational support, and leadership in project and TA administration and processing in urban sector.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Project Officer (Urban) will perform the following functions:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes, organizational structure and policies relevant to water supply and sanitation/ urban development/ infrastructure sectors and related subsectors.
- Provide support to sector/ state focal points and maintains close relationships with relevant Government agencies and Headquarter staff.
- Maintain close cooperation with other development partners and undertakes meetings and consultations with them, especially in respect to sector partnerships, as and when required
- Provide project implementation support to ADB Headquarter Missions including close coordination with Headquarters-based staff on project administration matters and facilitates effective communications between the ADB, executing agencies, and the Government.
- Develop a thorough understanding of ADB policies related to project administration, including consultant recruitment and procurement, and social safeguard requirements.
- Administer implementation of assigned projects by:
- Monitoring its progress, actively identifying issues and taking action to address them while ensuring time and cost efficiency and quality.
- Following up on contract awards and disbursement performance related to projects delegated to RM.
- Providing advice to executing agencies on ADB guidelines on procurement, recruitment of consultants, preparation of tender documents, contract administration, etc. and helps to resolve problems.
- Provide comments on draft bidding documents and Bid Evaluation Reports, and social safeguard documents to ensure compliance with ADB policies.
- Monitor the institutional performance and capacities of the project agencies on their multi-disciplinary functions and support the requisite capacity development activities.
- Provide advice on ADB’s Anti-Corruption Policy to executing agencies and assists in ensuring that ADB projects are implemented with sufficient degree of oversight and transparency to deter fraudulent or corrupt acts.
- Undertake project review missions to review implementation progress and interacts with executing agency, contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries, prepares the necessary aide memoires and back-to-office reports, and takes necessary follow-up actions.
- Prepare and update forecasts of contract awards & disbursements, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls and expediting achievement of target levels where possible.
- Participate in Project Implementation Meetings and annual CPRMs and monitors overall portfolio performance of projects in the water supply and sanitation/urban development/ infrastructure sectors and related subsectors.
- Prepare Project Completion Reports for delegated projects and TA completion Reports as assigned.
- Provide guidance to junior officers and project analysts to facilitate work planning, work execution and quality control.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering; master’s degree an advantage.
- At least 5 years professional experience in water supply and sanitation urban development and infrastructure sectors or related sectors; experience in overseas development assistance funded projects an advantage.
- Specific experience or expertise in the emerging urban sector operations requirements such as urban land use and special planning, transit oriented development, indirect lending to financial intermediaries, and PPP will be an advantage.
- Proven application of expertise and experience within a specific area (economic, sector or thematic), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis / detailed design / project implementation / construction supervision / contract management) is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of government institutions’ administrative systems and procedures in the water supply and sanitation, urban development and infrastructure sectors and related subsectors.
- Knowledge of social safeguard and environmental issues including community participation issues. Understanding and knowledge of FIDIC conditions of Contract will be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively.
- Flexibility/willingness to perform variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities as needed.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, PowerPoint and web-browsing and search engines.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.