Deadline: 15 April 2016
Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Procurement Specialist in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Project Procurement Specialist will be responsible to play a key role in planning, implementing and monitoring of project procurement related activities within the Operations Complex.
The Mission of IDB is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Project Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the formulation of the Department Strategy, annual plans, budget and policies & procedures and ensure proper implementation of the same.
- Participate in the planning process of Division’s activities in managing priorities and effective utilization of resources to ensure quality of its outputs and services.
- Contribute in the development of procurement policies and procedures based on the Member Countries need and IDB Group priorities.
- Analyze/Review Procurement Policies and Guidelines of other MDBs and Partners for harmonization and improvements.
- Update regularly IDB’s Project Procurement related standard documents and processes.
- Provide Technical advice to the project officers in preparation of project procurement Plans.
- Provide support in preparation and appraisals of complex projects for specialist advice on procurement matters.
- Organize project start-up workshops, conduct staff briefings and provide necessary support for the country portfolio.
- Participate / Coordinate the activities related to Bids Evaluation Committee of the Operations Complex for compliance and oversight.
- Provide advice on complex procurement issues specially related to complaints as per the guidelines and procedures.
- Identify capacity constraints faced by counterpart organizations in member countries in implementation of projects and propose suitable solutions.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Law or any other relevant discipline, combined with at least 12 years of relevant work experience.
- PhD degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Law or any other relevant discipline, combined with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Work Experience in an international / regional organization in related areas, with focus on Projects Procurement.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Specialized training in Project Procurement is preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IDB.