Deadline: 26 October 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Lead in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Lead will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and provide senior technical leadership in establishing new approaches, evidence-based policies and strategies, surveillance, and capacity building initiatives for implementation across Regional and Country Office programmes in the respective area of work.
- Provide senior level health technical expertise and advice to the Director and Senior Management in the area of strategic policy dialogue and WHO country cooperation strategies on the development and establishment of new health strategies and policies for implementation into and/or the monitoring and evaluation of national and global policies.
- Ensure effective coordination, management, and accountability of the programme area in delivering its objectives through efficient managing a diverse team of technical experts, financial resources and effective work plan coordination to optimize the programme’s deliverables in line with the mandate of the Organization.
- Ensure the coordination and management of the monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the Department’s area of work of key performance indicators and global reporting requirements and mechanisms to optimize performance of Department deliverables.
- Serve as the scientific/technical reference among UN Agencies and the peer community on the strategic policy dialogue and WHO country cooperation strategies.
- Build technical partnerships with other UN Agencies, Donors, research institutions and other stakeholders in strategic policy dialogue and WHO country cooperation strategies to position the technical area of work and implementation into respective policies.
- Represent the programme area of work in global for a and capacity building activities
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced level university degree in public health or health policy analysis or health management.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in the management of health development and health management issues in different national contexts, including experience providing senior level advice and guidance to Senior.
- Management/Decision makers, managing human and financial resources, as well as experience in the area of developing and establishing policies and strategies.
- Strong skills in the area of developing and establishing polices and strategies.
- Excellent skills and ability in managing diverse teams and financial resources.
- Strong understanding and skills in mobilizing resources.
- Ability to engage, build consensus and communicate effectively and diplomatically with Member States, partners and media.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.