Deadline: 17 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader Strategic Partnership in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Team Leader Strategic Partnership will be responsible to coordinate efforts with the Programme and Operations Units in the India Country Office for building linkages with the programme areas and advancing the SDGs.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Leader Strategic Partnership will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Work with the Resident Representative and team leads to develop key country private sector products and tools.
- Identify new opportunities to cultivate high value partnership for the three programme pillars.
- Develop the Resource Mobilisation and the Partnership strategy for India and identify tools to meet the goals.
- Create the Partnership action plan and target for 2020-2022 and provide team with new approaches to establish new pools of funding.
- Lead and advise the Partnership team on functions for investor relations, account management, fundraising/business development for business sector/foundations/HNIs/network and public sector.
- Develop the sub-national action plan for partnerships with project teams at the state level.
- With support of communication team, identify key bankable projects and develop the pitching materials to support the partnership/project teams.
- Work in close consultation with Regional Partnership focal point and BERA focal point to be fully updated about new partnership pathways at the global/regional level.
- Identify strategic events and speaking opportunities for the Resident Representative, Senior Managers, team leads and project managers to position UNDP as a preferred partner.
- Develop a robust pipeline comprising of concrete partners for 2020-2021 and maintain a database for new partners in all projects.
- Facilitate negations with key private sector companies for legal and operational compliance including MOU, CSA, payment structure.
- Inspire and lead by example a partnership team to support them for meeting their full potential.
- Identify new innovative financing mechanisms and tools in line with national priorities and the evolving ecosystem including but not limited to NITI Aayog, Ministry, National Voluntary guidelines and SDG CSR trust.
- Work with SDG team and economist network to support new government partnerships with key Government departments.
- Act as a focal point to identify strategic collaboration opportunities with other UN agencies, UN global compact, business chambers, department of public sector enterprises and SME associations.
- Provide strategic support to the management in coordination, briefing material, advocacy of major national events, visits from HQ and other high-level meetings.
- Support in Results Based Management, M&E and related compliance for CO by providing clear deliverables, outcomes and roles of the team.
- Provide technical guidance and advise to team lead and project teams as required.
- Provide inputs and oversee the partner risk assessment standards for due diligence to manage risk related to new partnerships.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Business, Marketing, Management or related field.
- Minimum 15 year’s of experience in the business or development sector which at least 10 year’s experience in Partnership development, fundraising or marketing role
- At least 10 year’s experience working on high level corporate partnerships, programme design, strategy for market development
- Thorough understanding of CSR strategies, policies promoting the ESR guidelines and interventions of Ministry of Corporate Affairs and National Stock Exchange
- Previous experience and understanding of the UN and private sector an added advantage
- Fluency in English and local language a must.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.