Deadline: 25 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of UNGM Project Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand.
The UNGM Project Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the UN Global Marketplace (UNGM), ensuring the provision of a high standard of service.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The UNGM Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide timely, effective and accurate customer services to clients.
- Provide helpdesk support services to the stakeholders of the UNGM procurement portal.
- Assist UNGM stakeholders in resolving issues as a Subject Matter Expert through use of scripted guidance and a defined process.
- Provide oral/written responses to queries from internal and external clients regarding procurement and supply chain matters and designing templates and FAQ’s as appropriate.
- Communicate with UNGM focal points of UN agencies regarding day to day operations and help desk matters, and assists in the development and in providing training programs to support the use of the vendor portal.
- Monitor and tracks user requests to ensure a consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus.
- Identify appropriate courses of actions to application related issues and escalates these, where necessary, in accordance SOP’s.
- Assist with testing protocol to confirm functionality and to identify any issues or bugs in the system. Utilising the Issue Management System to record and log issues as they are identified.
- Proactively supports the product owners with the testing of new functionalities and providing feedback to the system design and development team.
- Participate and provides input in the further development and design of new UNGM functionalities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education degree required with at least 5 years of experience.
- University degree is an asset and can substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in procurement services, vendor management.
- Marketing/communications, or customer relations in either public or private sector organization is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of online databases systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN procurement rules and regulations is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN procurement principles is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN procurement practice is an asset.
- Fluency in English and one more UN language are required.
- Knowledge of other UN languages will be considered a strong asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.