Deadline: 24 June 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Develop WASH strategy, theories of change and Macro LFAs providing technical guidance for all WASH interventions in Lebanon.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities, liaise with donors.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support and evidence-based advocacy for WASH.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from WASH implementation, and incorporate them in WASH and staff development processes.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in working as a senior Project/Program Manager and/or Adviser in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Proven expertise in WASH related issues in temporary settings and urban areas.
- Previous experience in developing and following up WASH program strategies in response to the Syria Crisis is an asset.
- University Degree or higher education relevant to the assignment.
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge or Arabic language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Lebanon context and response is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.