Deadline: 8 October 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support – Senior Assistant in Philipsburg, Saint Martin. The duration of this post is 13 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support – Senior Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Project Management Support
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents, ensure compliance with contractual obligations and UNOPS policies, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing and filing, ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Assist in tracking expenditure and inform the Project Manager to revise budgets when required (realignment and amendment).
- Monitor project budget and financial expend.
- Administration Support
- Provide administrative support for the management of travel, preparation of travel authorizations (Travel Authorization – TA), processing of Travel Expense Claims (TECs), management of airline tickets and hotel reservations, as required.
- Provide reliable administrative and logistical support to plan and carry out meetings including the scheduling and administration of video conference calls (through Google and other means), preparation and circulation of meeting agendas, preparation of minutes and related record keeping.
- Records and Filling
- Ensure proper maintenance and safe and secure storage of all office equipment and property.
- Establish and maintain accurate inventory lists and adequate property records.
- Receive, document and file of all incoming correspondence, invoices and notifications.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public sector, management or related field is desirable and may replace some year’s of experience.
- 5 year’s of experience in the area of Administration.
- Shorter period of experience may be accepted based on education level.
- Knowledge of financial and administrative rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with UN rules and procedures is an asset.
- Strong IT skills, and knowledge of oneUNOPS are assets.
- Proficiency in GSuite is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Fluency in Dutch and/ or Papiamento is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.