Deadline: 19 December 2017
Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate, Corporate Equity in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Associate, Corporate Equity will be responsible for managing a number of portfolio companies in the non-financial services sectors (mainly industrial, services, agro industry, Energy and real estate) and structuring/closing new corporate equity or quasi equity investment deals in accordance with the overall investment and risk guidelines.
IDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate, Corporate Equity will perform the following functions-
- Prepare first desk assessment reports for deals sourced by Business Development team (or in response to equity investment requests received), and their subsequent presentation for internal approval.
- Supervise the Due Diligence process and validating the key outcomes of the exercise.
- Lead the process to secure Investment Committee approval by supervising the preparation of the Back to Office Report, and overseeing the final presentation.
- Ensure that the necessary documentation and paperwork is in place, and is in line with the guidelines from the Risk and Legal departments.
- Report thoroughly on the investment portfolio on regular basis and from time to time and provide necessary analysis (operational, market, financial, and valuation) of the performance of portfolio companies.
- Ensure that deal structuring is carried out in line with the overall risk and investment guidelines, and as per the parameters finalized during the Investment Committee Meetings.
- Participate in the establishment of the new Greenfield and capital injections projects and quasi-equity investments and overseeing performance of existing investment projects.
- Coordinate with the Risk Management team to ensure that recovery strategies are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain relationships with key clients, and overseeing the portfolio management for key investments, thereby ensuring smooth implementation of overall portfolio operations.
- Participate in achieving the key targets for corporate equity division including exiting from investee companies, being actively involved in the portfolio management process, advise/implement ICD’s strategy in regards to portfolio companies at various stages and as deemed required from time to time.
- Ensure that ICD’s network of strategic alliances is leveraged to bring in deep sector expertise, where required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree must be in Economics or Finance.
- Must have Master degree or a post graduate certificate; CFA, CMA, CPA.
- 5 years experience in the Banking and Financial Services sector (Investment or Project Finance Department).
- Experience in valuation, financial modeling, structuring of equity and quasi-equity investments, and due diligence.
- English is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IDB.