Deadline: 4 November 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop, manage, and implement communication strategy and action plan for FAO-KSA programme in alignment with the regional communication strategy and corporate communication policy.
- Create a database for communication channels and its specialized programmes interested in the field of food and agriculture and maintain an updated contact list for this purpose.
- Coordinate and support the drafting and editing of diverse materials (background material, speaking points, briefings, speeches, Op-eds, questions and answers) for use by the Programme Director, set quality and production standards for information dissemination in multiple languages.
- Support the dissemination of RNE and HQ press releases and Op-Ed’s to local media outlets, in coordination with the Regional Communication Office.
- Manage and update the communication content of social media h channels such as twitter account on a regular basis, serve as KSA-FAO focal point for corporate outreach and promotion campaigns and initiatives and respond to media or the public queries.
Applicant must have:
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field.
- 5 year’s relevant experience in communication and media relations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, photo and video-editing software is an asset.
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic languages.
- Nationality of Saudi Arabia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.