Deadline: 20 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field Programme Associate in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Field Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure effective operational support to the FAO field programs and projects executed in the country ensure consistency with the Organization’s operational requirements and the country’s rules and regulations.
- Participate in the identification, formulation, and preparation of program, project and work plan proposals for the country in line with the new Project Cycle Guide participate in the preparation of draft project documents ensure high quality and consistency.
- Ensure that the necessary financial and human resources are in place and that the appropriate goods and services are procured for the effective functioning of projects, in collaboration with others on the project team.
- Coordinate the monitoring and review of project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document coordinate the review of inputs, expenditures, and time frames identify inconsistencies and delays, and, when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
- Accompany field visits to project sites and/or accompany project managers and/or experts in their meetings with donors and government officials.
- Coordinate the collection, maintenance, distribution, and consolidation of technical and operational data. ensuring that all project-related data and documentation is up-to-date in the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS).
- Analyze and summarize data from various sources, including FAO corporate systems, draft periodic or ad hoc management reports, verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on transactions and operational matters.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- Specialized training in project management and programme operations.
- 5 year’s experience in administrative/ financial/ planning/ programming/ budgeting activities for both Regular Programme and Projects.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange).
- Ability to effectively use project management software and other information systems/databases.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.