Deadline: 1 July 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Knowledge and Information Management Officer in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Knowledge and Information Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute towards the design, planning and organization of knowledge and information management as well as knowledge sharing activities.
- Contribute towards and implements strategies for engagement with external partner organizations and relevant FAO technical units, with the objective of establishing functional collaboration mechanisms for the joint development and dissemination of knowledge and information products, as well as capacity development activities.
- Review technical lessons learned through the provision of methodological guidance and/or facilitation of multistakeholder workshops with technical units, Decentralized Offices and partner organizations.
- Identify and collect required baseline information for the FAO-Saudi technical cooperation programme and its project.
- Lead conducting field surveys for baseline data collection.
- Review and assesse existing mechanisms for sharing information, knowledge, tools and experiences on rural agriculture development in Saudi Arabia.
- Develop and validate the conceptual framework for the web-based interactive platform for sharing information, knowledge, tools and experiences on sustainable rural agriculture development.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in knowledge management, communication, social science, journalism, political science or a related field.
- 5 year’s relevant experience in knowledge and information management and/or outreach in international organizations, or in private enterprises including experience in developing countries.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Demonstrate experience and proven records of successfully leading agricultural marketing programmes or projects.
- Extent and relevance of experience related to successful implementation and management of technical assistance for capacity strengthening in the field of information and knowledge management.
- Demonstrate capacity to coordinate country level activities and to organize and lead consultative processes involving several partner institutions and stakeholders.
- Extent and relevance of experience in project management including familiarity with the development of results frameworks, logical framework, project work plans and budget.
- Demonstrate analytical skills and ability to write clear and concise reports is considered a strong asset.
- Work knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Work knowledge of Arabic is considered a strong asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.