Deadline: 17 April 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Integrated Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning (IMEP)
- Provide technical assistance for the planning and establishing the major research, monitoring and evaluation activities in multi-year and annual IMEPs, which is to be reflected in UNDAF M&E Plans.
- Participate in management studies and support/participate in thematic/strategic evaluations to improve development & organizational effectiveness.
- Support and contribute to effectively joint evaluations with developmental partners, including joint evaluation of UNICEF or of multi-partner programs.
- Situation Monitoring and Assessment
- Coordinate with other stakeholders, support the collection of Millennium Development Goal (MDG) indicators (through MICS or other surveys) to improve integrated national planning.
- Support management of available baseline information on national statistics and key indicators through established databases (e.g., DevInfo) for easy access and use.
- Prepare country level statistical reports on the status of children’s and women’s human rights issues, and provide a technical support to global reporting obligations including national reports on progress toward the MDGs, toward CRC fulfilment, and toward CEDAW fulfilment.
- Programme Performance Monitoring
- Provide technical support as necessary to identifying and adjusting a set of programme performance indicators, in the context of the multi-year and annual IMEPs, the Annual Management Plan and Annual Work Plans, as outlined in the Programme Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Provide technical support to ensure that monitoring system are in place and that key annual programme indicators are tracked and analysed, including those related to partnerships initiative, and provided regularly to the Country Management Team/ Senior Management Team to guide programme and management decisions.
- Provide support to ensure that the relevant programme partners participate and formulate Evaluation Terms of Reference and design of high quality.
- Provide technical support to ensure that evaluation design and management meet quality standards as outlined in UNICEF Programme Policies and Procedures and related stand-alone Evaluation Technical Notes, when necessary seek expertise of knowledge institutions.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research.
- Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities as follows.
- 2 year’s relevant professional work experience, field work experience (for NO).
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred..
- Fluency in English and Arabic are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.