Deadline: 30 September 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in policy dialogue and advises government authorities, local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO’s activities and liaises with other UN agencies. Represents FAO at inter-agency meetings.
- Promote the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organization’s mandate, programmes, national priorities and activities including the coordination of development and maintenance of communication tools such as website, press releases and publications, and supports the implementation of FAO’s regulatory frameworks (Codex Alimentarius, Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, Safe Use of Pesticides, etc.) in the country.
- Coordinate and manage the maintenance of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries, including information on external aid in FAO’s corporate systems and monitor and communicate changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector.
- Take the lead in producing technical, economic and policy studies as well as developing country level development frameworks such as the Country Programming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
- Identify, formulate and coordinate the preparation of programme and project proposals, monitors FAO field programme implementation, ensuring that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document, and makes recommendations on how to improve results and increase efficiency.
- Brief, train and supervise lower grade level programme staff regarding all aspects of the job.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and work requirements and accuracy and diligence of the work provided.
- Advanced University Degree in agribusiness, value chain analysis, agricultural economics or any other related field.
- 7 year’s relevant experience in value chain analysis, agri-business development and/or project implementation in sustainable rural agricultural development;
- Working knowledge (Level C) of Arabic and limited knowledge (Level B) of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.