Deadline: 12 February 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Sub-Tropical Fruits Breeder) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer (Sub-Tropical Fruits Breeder) will perform the following function
- Participate in policy dialogue and advises government authorities, local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO’s activities and liaises with other UN agencies. Represents FAO at inter-agency meetings.
- Promote the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organization’s mandate, programmes, national priorities and activities including the coordination of development and maintenance of communication tools such as website, press releases and publications, and supports the implementation of FAO’s regulatory frameworks (Codex Alimentarius, Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, Safe Use of Pesticides, etc.) in the country.
- Coordinate and manage the maintenance of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries, including information on external aid in FAO’s corporate systems and monitors and communicates changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector.
- Take the lead in producing technical, economic and policy studies as well as developing country level development frameworks such as the Country Programming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
- Co-lead comprehensive review of subtropical fruits value chain; production, processing and marketing and the organization of diagnostic studies to give direction to the sustainable development of the sector.
- Contribute to the identification, pilot testing and promotion of sustainable good agricultural practices including efficient fertilization, pruning and harvesting practices among subtropical fruits growers and assessment of crop water requirements for crops grown under the various farming systems.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in horticulture, plant breeding or any other related field.
- 7 year’s relevant experience in development of subtropical fruits production, processing and marketing and/or project management in the field of sustainable rural agricultural development in Saudi Arabia.
- Extent and relevance of experience in development of subtropical fruits production, processing and marketing.
- Working knowledge (proficient – Level C) of Arabic and limited knowledge (intermediate – Level B) of English.
- Nationality of Saudi Arabia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.