Deadline: 7 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel will perform the following functions-
- Provide policy and technical support to MoEWA and other government agencies in the formulation and implementation of youth-oriented and gender-transformative policies and programmes for agriculture and food systems development, rural development, food security and nutrition, climate change and resilience.
- Assist in the collection, analysis and dissemination of age and sex-disaggregated data and information to assess the major constraints preventing rural youth and women’s participation in sustainable agriculture, food systems and rural development, and their implications on food security and nutrition.
- Use the findings of these analyses support the preparation of knowledge products and information sharing materials.
- Provide support in updating, producing and disseminating capacity development materials to enhance the skills of FAO staff and Saudi ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture, other government and non-governmental agencies to promote gender equality, youth employment and social inclusion in sustainable agriculture, food systems and rural development.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Project implementation planning consultation with nationals and concerned stakeholders.
- Participate in preparation of detailed project annual work plans, with specific gender equality and youth employment outputs and indicators, in close cooperation with the Project team and in collaboration with stakeholders, and making necessary arrangements for the successful implementation of these plans in a timely manner.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in political science, rural sociology, economics, institutional development, social anthropology, gender studies or other relevant social sciences.
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience in socio-economic analysis, youth employment, gender mainstreaming, policy formulation, capacity development, sustainable agriculture and rural development, food security and nutrition, and climate change and resilience.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Level C of the Arabic language and limited knowledge (Level B) of English.
- Nationality of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.