Deadline: 30 September 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Adviser in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical leadership assistance on the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/project assists in the review of relevant documents and reports, identifies priorities, liaises with relevant parties identifies follow-up actions.
- Coordinates programme-related activities and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects as well as the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Supervise preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Contribute to consultative and other meetings, conferences, including proposals for agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Participate in activities such as structuring of training workshops, seminars makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties.
- Advise on the development of policies and strategies, as well as national protocols and guidelines for projects with specific domains related to FAO’s work.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agricultural economics, development economics, rural sociology, food security, nutrition, sustainable agriculture (including livestock, forestry and fisheries), plant production/breeding, agronomy or any related field.
- 7 year’s relevant experience in technical cooperation-related activities, policy advice and analysis relating to food and nutrition, agriculture and rural development, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.