Deadline: 4 February 2020
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Beirut, Lebanon.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Country Director will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Leadership
- Provide vision and direction for the Lebanon country programme.
- Effectively lead a high performing SMT to deliver against strategy and to model behaviours and values expected of staff.
- Take responsibility for the leadership and management of staff and programme in Lebanon.
- Human Resource Management
- Ensure that Save the Children attracts and retains high calibre staff.
- Pro-actively develop and coach staff to optimise their potential in pursuit of Save the Children’s objectives.
- Ensure effective implementation of HR policies and procedures at country level, in line with
- HR policies, procedures and guidelines and local labour law.
- Programme Development and Management
- Lead the Country Office team in improving KPI performance and achieving the “70% green” target.
- Ensure programme interventions are in line with technical best practice and emerging national policies as well as with country and strategic objectives, strategies, policies and approaches.
- Ensure that effective monitoring and evaluation systems are implemented in line with policies, systems and guidelines.
- Financial and Admin Management
- Ensure effective financial budgeting and management systems, processes and controls are in place and are fully compliant with operating standards and local legal requirements.
- Ensure effective Save the Children and donor compliant procurement and asset management systems, processes and controls are in place .
- Ensure that partner organisations are assessed in relation to financial management and governance standards and are supported to address capacity weaknesses.
- Audit and Corporate Governance compliance
- Ensure compliance with all host government requirements in relation to registration, taxation, labour law, auditing, fraud etc..
- Ensure that internal and external audits are undertaken in a timely and efficient manner in line with policy and back donor and host government requirements.
- Ensure follow-up on recommendations arising out of audits of operations and take appropriate actions where necessary.
- Security Management
- Develop, establish and manage Lebanon programme security plans and procedures in line with policies, systems and guidelines.
- Maintain, document and communicate up to date analyses of the changing security context.
- Ensure all staff are provided sufficient security-related information and are supported to safeguard their own security.
- Representation, Communications and Advocacy:
- Develop and maintain good relations with Members and their donors.
- Represent Save the Children’s interests in Lebanon including Government Institutions, UN agencies, EU and donor delegations, international & local NGOs.
- Play an active role in the Lebanon Humanitarian INGO Forum (LHIF).
- Ensure the timely provision of internal and external communications material as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree level qualification or equivalent length of experience in the sector.
- Substantial experience of building, leading and developing a diverse team of senior staff to deliver on both development and humanitarian programs.
- Experience working with large, complex donors to secure and/or manage new large-scale and/or competitive funding.
- Experience of managing a humanitarian crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond.
- Excellent understanding and experience of risk, programme, financial and operational management processes.
- Experience of successfully leading change in an organisation.
- Experience of building effective personal networks at a senior level.
- Experience of managing security in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience of solving complex issues.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience of Lebanon with sound knowledge of the country context and key government and civil society stakeholders.
- Fluency in English, Arabicand/or French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.