Deadline: 14 August 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Global Security Advisor in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 1 year.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Global Security Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Policy owner of the SNV Security & Safety Policy and procedures ensuring the validity of emergency and contingency protocols.
- Monitor the security situation in the countries and regularly liaises with Country Security Officers or Country Security Focal Persons.
- Responsible for travel safety and security management.
- Analyze and advise on security risks, incidents, threats or failures that may affect operations.
- Work with CDs to review and support in the development and update of Country Security Plans and their consistent implementation.
- Responsible for briefing the relevant management team in the event of a crisis and provide regular situation reports including identifying and proposing actions to be taken.
- Maintain an extensive network of contacts within INGOs, IOs and the security stakeholder community, participates in relevant (inter)national NGO security forums and network organisations.
- Responsible for the development and execution of training on security management topics across the organisation, including critical incident management.
Applicants must have:
- (Proficiency level equivalent to) Degree in a relevant field required, at least Bachelor Degree.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant experience in the field of safety and security for an international non-governmental organization.
- Experience in development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans, policies, processes and technical controls.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence across an organization with a track record of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills proven in negotiation and influence internal and external audiences and in difficult circumstances and under pressure.
- Fluency written and oral English and French is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.